Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Paying for Hospice
99% of hospice patients have no out-of-pocket expenses. Medicare covers the cost as part of the Medicare Hospice Benefit. Get answers to common questions about paying for hospice below.
- Who pays for hospice? Is it covered by my insurance? Medicare? Medicaid? Medicare covers 100% of hospice services.
- Who pays for hospice room and board? There is no room-and-board fee for hospice services.
- If I don’t have insurance, can I still receive hospice services? Yes.
- If Medicare covers my hospice services, will I lose my other Medicare coverage? No.
- Can I have hospice and also keep my HMO? Yes.
- Is there a fee for a hospice consultation? No.